I was tagged by CantateDomino
WAAAAAAAY back in April to post 8 facts about my character Omri. I've been keeping that journal in my inbox ever since to remind myself to fill it out one of these days!
Well, with the approach of NaNoWriMo 2016, this seems like a great time to finally do this thang!
'Cept I'm going to post facts about 8 different characters from Runaround (the novel I started working on last year and am continuing to work on this year), just to change it up.As a reminder from last year, here's the synopsis for Runaround: A Choose-Your-Own-Adventure story wherein an ancient and mysterious robot located in a secret spot between dimensions has scattered homing beacons across the multiverse with an invitation to follow the breadcrumbs. In exchange for bringing it the last descendant (you) of its original creator, it will grant one treasure hunter a quantum wish. A different team of treasure hunters recruits/kidnaps/charms you into joining them at the beginning based on your decisions, and from there the story branches out into a series of dimension-hopping shenanigans before you are faced with a final big decision that will determine the outcome of the book. A sociopath, a heroic princeling, 2-dimensional beings, Borrowers, imaginary friends, a snarky narrator (ya dingus!), space invaders, strangler vines, human-sized bird cages, pizza, a tesseract, and of course, wish fulfillment. But whose wish will it be in the end? (1)
- Was originally going to be the protagonist of Runaround, and he shared certain elements that later got parsed into the antagonist. He's now an important side-character, and his ethics are still a bit gray...(2)
- Scribbles love poems to the Queen in the margins of his Naturalist's journal.(3)
- Pat Turducken is the protagonist. Since the novel is told in the 2nd person through a snarky narrator in Pat's head (not Pat's voice, by the way), They are the "reader character." I'm doing my best to keep the gender ambiguous, like in a Choose Your Own Adventure book. But Pat is very much a character too, with motivations, a backstory, and a character arc.(4)
- Kreik Stubb - Kreik is a large, charming, colorful fellow. He loves hurting people. All the other treasure hunters are afraid of him, and of the oubliette he carries around on his back...(5)
- Pindrop Hearthstone - Pin is about 6 inches tall. She, her brother and an elderly friend are determined to deliver Pat to Fulcrum for the reward of a life on equal footing with the Bigs back home.(6)
- Marie Tour du Cannes was Pat's ancestor, and she was one classy lady. Brilliant of mind and resilient of heart. #1 Secret Robot-Mom!(7)
- Lee is a 2-dimensional being who usually goes around disguised as a shadow. She works for Kreik because he's got her brother in the oubliette.(8)
- Xunn the Insurmountable was a galactic conqueror from several hundred years ago. He's left his mark on his own dimension, and now a few of those marks are starting to bleed into other dimensions.
Whew! This took a long time to write.
It's good for me though, with November fast approaching!
I taaaag.... JulietCelia
, and ashwolfholmes
. Tell us about your characters! :-D